Believe It or Not! Odditorium
Do you know why our building looks the way it does? Most people think California has had the worst earthquake, when actually Missouri holds the record.
In 1812 an earthquake measuring more than 8.0 on the Richter Scale occurred at New Madrid, Missouri. This earthquake made the Mississippi River run backwards for three days and made Church bells ring In Philadelphia!
Our building reflects that odd event, and Ripley’s…Believe It or Not!® in Branson has become one of the most photographed buildings In the world!
What to Expect Inside?
Among 400 other things exhibits and artifacts…
- A playing card replica of the Roman Colosseum.
- The aircraft carrier U.S.S. Forrestal made out of 48,000 matchsticks.
- A 30 ft Cadillac Stretch Limousine used in several Hollywood movies.
- A genuine Vampire Killing Kit (C. 1850).
- Gallery of illusions.
- Two headed calf and other animal oddities.
- The human unicorn from Manchuria.
- Genuine shrunken heads.
- Hundreds of other totally unique and unbelievable exhibits, artifacts & bizarre artwork.