Welcome to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Ripley Entertainment Inc., its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies (“Ripley”) maintain this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re–post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Ripley’s written permission. Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions without the written permission of Ripley. Ripley neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Ripley.
- While Ripley uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, Ripley makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Ripley assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Ripley nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Ripley also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Any communication or material you do transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used in perpetuity and without payment by Ripley and its affiliates, licensees, and franchises for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Ripley and its affiliates, licensees, and franchises are free to use in perpetuity and without payment any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Ripley. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- To ensure compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Ripley will take action on receipt of notice of alleged copyright infringement. If you are a copyright owner or representative of the owner and presume that a user has submitted or uploaded material that infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit notification in accordance to the DMCA by providing Ripley with the following information in writing.
- Provide the copyrighted material that you allege has been infringed upon.
- Provide an original or electronic signature of a person permitted to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Provide the submission that you allege is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 (please include the details of your search results to enable Ripley to locate the material).
- Present your contact information to allow Ripley to contact you. For example, an address, telephone number and an email address if accessible.
- Written statement indicating that use of the alleged infringing material was not permitted by the copyright owner, its representative or the law.
- Written statement indicating that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or the authorized representative to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Sign the written statement; and
- Send all written correspondence of alleged infringements to: Ripley Entertainment Inc., 7576 Kingspointe Parkway suite 188 Orlando, Florida 32819, Attn: Legal Department or by fax: 407-345-0801
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Ripley Entertainment Inc. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Ripley. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Ripley will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- Ripley has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Although Ripley may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Ripley is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Ripley will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Ripley to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Ripley and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. Ripley reserves the right, at your own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Ripley’s defense of such claim.
- The Sites are controlled and operated by Ripley Entertainment Inc. from its offices within the State of Florida, United States of America. Ripley Entertainment Inc. makes no representation that materials in the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
E-Ticketing & E-Commerce
Ripley’s has a money-back satisfaction guarantee. If for some reason you were not satisfied by your visit to one of Ripley’s attractions, then a refund will be issued to the credit card used in the initial transaction. Refunds can take up to two business days to process.
Delivery of Products
Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach, San Antonio, Grand Prairie Online Ticketing: You will receive two emails from Ripley’s Online ticketing – Confirmation of credit card being successfully charged and Ticket email which will contain a link to a PDF containing your tickets.
About print at home tickets: Your online tickets will be delivered in PDF format which will require you to print the tickets at home. You will need Adobe Reader 9 installed prior to opening the ticket link.
St. Augustine Online Ticketing: You will receive one email from Ripley’s Online Ticketing – Confirmation of credit card being successfully charged, listing of items purchased, and ticket pick up instructions.
About picking up your tickets – You will need to take your confirmation email as well as a photo ID to any Ripley’s train booth or Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum in St Augustine, FL to pick up your tickets.
This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you, any third party or Ripley Entertainment Inc., bring to enforce this agreement or, in connection with, any matters related to this site shall be brought only in either the state or Federal Courts located in Orange County, Florida, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts, and YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. Ripley will be entitled to recover from you reasonable attorneys fees and all other expenses of litigation, if Ripley prevails in any action instituted against you to protect Ripley’s rights under this agreement, or to enforce the terms of this agreement. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by Ripley Entertainment Inc.
- Software from this Site is further subject to United States Export Controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Ripley may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Last Modified: August 18, 2008
©2007 Ripley Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.