Things to Do in Ocean City
Top 10 things you should do ASAP when you get to OC
1. Visit all of family fun Ripley’s Attractions.
2. Hit the boardwalk.
At just under three miles, the Ocean City, Maryland boardwalk is a perfect family bike ride, an invigorating walk or run, or a relaxing tram ride. At night the boardwalk comes to life with rides, arcades, performers and so much more.
3. Stop counting calories.
Ocean City restaurants serve up boardwalk fries, Maryland crab cakes, hot, fresh pizza, juicy Delmarva fried chicken, sweet saltwater taffy and some of the finest dining in the mid-Atlantic. Give your diet the day off.
4. Catch the sun’s ups and downs.
Sunsets are spectacular on the inlet as the sun sinks down toward the bay. And a glorious sunrise on the Ocean City beach is worth getting up early for.
5. Go back in time.
Explore Ocean City, Maryland’s colorful history at the Life-Saving Station Museum, or take a walking tour of our historic downtown area.
6. Catch Assateague’s Wild Ponies.
The famous ponies are just nine miles from OC, along with nature trails, deer, foxes and thousands of birds.
Hit our outlets, the boardwalk, enclosed mall, boutiques or do some antiquing in nearby Snow Hill and Berlin.
7. Take 6, free. Enjoy our 6 nights of free family fun.
- Enjoy Sundaes in the Park. This favorite family event combines a free concert with ice cream for a small fee at Northside Park, 127th Street (bayside) Sundays from 6 to 8 p.m. While parents enjoy the music, children will enjoy special entertainment just for them. July 11, 18, 25; August 1, 8, 15, 23,29.
- Boogie on the Beach, free. Enjoy free concerts for the entire family, Wednesday evenings from 8:00 to 9:30 at the Division Street beach. July 14, 21; August 4, 11, 18, 25.
- Bonfire Hour, free. Join us Thursday nights from 9:00 to 10:00 on the beach at North Division Street. Enjoy the leaping flames, and a wide variety of lively speakers and storytellers. July 8, 15, 22, 29; August 5, 12, 19.
- Catch a Free Movie Under the Stars, free. Monday and Friday nights June 28th-August 13th at 7:30pm 27th Street on the beach. Families can gather for fun activities and a movie right on the beach.
- Family Beach Olympics planned for Tuesday evenings June 29th-August 10th from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the 27th St. beach, Family Beach Olympics will offer such activities as sand castle contests, tug of war, relay games and more. Children must be accompanied by parents or guardians.
8. Drop a line or grab some crabs, free.
Take advantage of the abundance of opportunity to teach your kids to fish or crab at one of our free piers and fishing areas on the bay. Or if you are up for the big catch of the day, check out deep sea fishing excursions or stay close to shore on a bayside headboat.
Ocean City is home to some of the most scenic and challenging courses in the Mid-Atlantic region. Or if putt-putt is more your speed you will find a number of those fun course in town.
10. Plan your return trip to OC ASAP.
There’s so much to do, you’ll never fit it all into one visit. So scope out what you’d like to try on your next Ocean City vacation, and make your reservations now!
For even more things to do and for everything Ocean City visit their official site.