Lightner Museum



The Lightner Museum building was originally opened in the late 1880’s as the Hotel Alcazar, the companion hotel to Henry Flagler’s glorious Ponce De Leon, now Flagler College. The Alcazar was quite notable itself, featuring the largest indoor swimming pool in the USA at the time. Flagler’s Cordova Hotel, now the Casa Monica, is also steps away.

Chicago area art & antique collector Otto C. Lightner saved the Alcazar from the wrecking ball by purchasing the vacant building in 1950 and creating the Lightner Museum. Don’t be surprised to run into our Mayor sipping coffee in the courtyard or peeking into one the shops inside; part of the building also serves as our City Hall, and the pool is now a mini antique mall.

Local Points of Interest


Street View of Train Stop