MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
The popular children’s book, Alice in Wonderland, was banned in China and other places because it featured talking animals.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland was written by Lewis Carroll in 1865
- The book has been banned in multiple countries
- The most popular reason organizations ban the book is because of its references to drug use
- In China, however, the book was banned because it features talking animals
- In 1931, the Governor of the Hunan Province in China said,
Animals should not use human language, and it is disastrous to put animals and human beings on the same level.