Ceramics artist Tim Kowalczyk from Illinois creates cups, mugs, and plates that look exactly like cardboard.
- Tim makes this ‘ceramic cardboard’ out of his home in Minonk, IL
- He is the adjunct instructor for Ceramics at Illinois Central
- He was drawn to the art of ceramics because of its ability to replicate the forms and textures of other materials
- For his cardboard pieces, he glazes some sections and leaves others bare to give the impression that small pieces of tape are covering a rougher surface
- He can also make ceramics that look like aluminum cans
- He sells his unique cups and mugs on his Etsy Store.
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.