Believe It or Not!
When it comes to putting ingredients on pizza, just about everything has been tried over the years, so what does a pizza chain do now to create excitement and new tastes for their product? The answer is simple – they turn to the crust, not the toppings. Angela checks in this week with a report on what crusty concoctions are appearing on pizzas world-wide – including Pizza Hut’s new hot dog stuffed pizza.
Listen to the Oddcast
Other Weird, Bizarre and Unusually Outrageous Things Discussed this Week:
- Intern Abby tells the remarkable tale about Taylor Wilson, a 17-year old who made a nuclear reactor in his mom’s basement and is now a teenage consultant with the government.
- We learn if drinking a carbonated beverage and eating Pop Rocks candy can really make you explode as the popular and long-lived urban myth suggests. Nearly 10,000 spectators at a baseball game try it out. Ralf talks with a Pop Rocks VP to see how many survived.
- How do we keep cobra snakes from taking over North America? Tom Roy says all you have to do is yell FUDGE at noon on June 2. It must work. When was the last time you saw a cobra in a woodpile?
- Our in-studio guest, Scott Fais, a reporter with Orlando’s Channel 13, unveils two of- the-beaten-path attractions in Ochopee, Fla. – America’s smallest post office and the official Skunk Ape Research Center.
- In our Weird Medical Malady Minute, our Solutionologist Jodi Pliszka describes the condition in which a person cannot EVER forget anything.
- Our musical egress this week is “Glad You Came,” by Wanted.