By participating in Ripley’s Briefcase Caper Contest (the “Contest”), you agree to abide by the Contest Rules. Therefore, please read these Contest Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest (“Entry”) constitutes agreement to these Contest Rules. You may not submit an Entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Contest Rules unless you agree to these Contest Rules. These Contest Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Ripley with respect to the Contest. The Contest is sponsored by Ripley Entertainment Inc. (“Ripley”), a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 7576 Kingspointe Parkway, suite 188, Orlando, Florida 32819.
Each month of 2019, you’ll be asked to discover a clue to help find who stole Robert Ripley’s Briefcase. Once you find the correct clue, you’ll be prompted to provide your full name, Ripley work location, correct clue, and e-mail address to enter the contest. Four people will be chosen at random, every month to win a $500 USD. Only (1) one entry a month is permitted. If you missed out on Month 1 and Month 2, you can still enter after the closed entry date for your chance to win the grand prize. You have a total of 12 times to enter for your chance to win the grand prize. The grand prize is a $5,000, and only (1) one winner will be randomly selected.
1. No purchase or payment necessary to win.
- Contest is open to all Ripley employees (company owned and franchised locations).
- You must have a valid email address.
- No group entries. You must participate as an individual.
- Each player can only play once a month.
- Entrants must be employed with Ripley’s during the contest period.
- No former employees are eligible to participate.
3. How to Enter
- Each entrant must visit ripleys.com/ripleysbriefcase to complete the scavenger hunt to find the monthly clue. Once you enter the correct clue, you will be prompted to complete an Entry Form. All entries must include full name, Ripley work location, correct clue, and valid e-mail address.
- Monthly entries will be accepted as follow:
- Month 1: 1/28/19-2/27/19 Midnight ET
- Month 2: 2/20/19-3/22/19 Midnight ET
- Month 3: 3/14/19-4/14/19 Midnight ET
- Month 4: 4/2/19-5/2/19 Midnight ET
- Month 5: 4/26/19-5/26/19 Midnight ET
- Month 6: 5/23/19-6/22/19 Midnight ET
- Month 7: 6/22/19-7/22/19 Midnight ET
- Month 8: 7/22/19-8/21/19 Midnight ET
- Month 9: 8/21/19-9/20/19 Midnight ET
- Month 10: 9/20/19-10/20/19 Midnight ET
- Month 11: 10/20/19-11/19/19 Midnight ET
- Month 12: 11/19/19-12/19/19 Midnight ET
- Final Grand Prize: 1/23/19-12/19/19 Midnight ET
- All entries and submissions, once submitted, become the property of Ripley and shall not be returned.
- Any incomplete entries will not be eligible.
4. Selection of the Winner
- There will be (4) four monthly winners and (1) one Grand Prize Winner.
- Entrants who enter their full name, Ripley work location, correct clue, and valid e-mail address will be entered into the monthly drawing. The monthly winners will be selected by random drawing.
- All valid monthly entries will be entered in the grand finale draw which will be selected by random drawing.
- The decisions on all matters relating to this Contest are final.
- At the end of each month during the Contest Period, winners will be announced on www.ripleys.com/ripleysbriefcase. The winners will be notified via email during the week of the drawing.
- Winners will have 1 week from notification to respond to Ripley to set up the delivery of their prize.
- After two weeks, if the winner has not notified Ripley’s, the next runner up will replace the original winner in the order that they won.
- Each month, (4) four winners will receive a $500 USD.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive a $5000 USD.
- Each prize winner must supply Ripley with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
- Winners are responsible for any additional fees or taxes that may be incurred.
- Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
- Odds of winning depends on the number of valid entries.
6. Personal Information
- By entering the Contest, you agree and consent to Ripley’s collection, use and retention of your personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, but not limited to, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor’s service providers and contractors necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding prizes to winners, making public announcements about winners, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest).
- If you object to the above, you should not participate in this Contest.
7. Limitations of Liability
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to release and hold Ripley and its parent company, officers, directors and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest, the entry process, or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Ripley and affiliated companies, agents, and representatives are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operations or transmission; computer transmissions, or for technical, electronic, hardware or software, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions of any kind; or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive registration information by Ripley on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof.
- The information you provide will be used for the promotion of this Contest and or any other Ripley Contests or promotions.
8. General Terms and Conditions
- The Contest Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, without regard to its conflict of law rules.
- You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute under the Contest Rules and or your use of www.ripleys.com resides in the courts located in Orange County Florida, and you further expressly agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
- The prevailing party in any dispute shall be entitled to recover its attorney’s fees from the non-prevailing party.
- YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
- By participating in the Contest, the participants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules. These rules will be interpreted by Ripley’s sole discretion, and all determinations made pursuant to these rules by Ripley are final and binding.
- All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- Ripley may terminate and permanently disqualify any participant who, in Ripley’s sole discretion, determines as being in violation of the Contest Rules.
- All decisions by Ripley are final.
- Ripley’s contact info is as follows: Ripley Entertainment Inc., 7576 Kingspointe Parkway, Suite 188, Orlando, Florida 32819.
- The terms set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written.