Weird Christmas Traditions
While our own fascination with fruit cake and socks may be weird enough for some, let us take you around the world to find some of the most bizarre Christmas traditions and lore:
- Japan: Eats KFC for Christmas
- Greenland: Likes to eat raw whale skin and decomposed birds
- Wales: Parades the town carrying a horse skull
- Ukraine: Decorates trees with spooky spiders
- India: Makes due with fruit trees
- The Alps: Watches out for Krampus
- Iceland: Fears a wardrobe-judging cat
- Norway: Hides brooms to stave off witches
- Czech Republic: Throws shoes in hopes of marital bliss
- Venezuela: Skates to Christmas mass
Thankyou for your cristmas knowlages.
India: Makes due with fruit trees. Due means something is owed, “makes do” is the correct term.
The Welsh one is even stranger as you have to sing to the skull in rhyme with reasons why they cannot come in, if they win the horse skull is taken into your home and they drink all of your beer
There’s ice in Venezuela in December?
The wales one is actually a New Year’s Eve tradition where the horse holder and the owners of the house has a sing off to try and get access into the house and to stop them coming in.