80,000 trout were accidentally released into the wild when a cargo ship ripped through the fish farm holding them
- The fish were being farmed in the Baltic sea 124 miles off the coast of Copenhagen
- The cargo shipped accidentally shredded the net they were being kept in
- Wildlife officials are worried that the freed rainbow trout will eat the eggs of local sea trout
- Any available fishermen are encouraged to grab a rod and catch as many as they can
- Large schools of fish can also block fire hydrants
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.