MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
Researchers at Arizona State University created a jetpack that doesn’t fly. Instead, it straps onto a runner’s back and helps them run faster.
- The idea behind the jetpack is that every soldier should be able to run a four-minute mile
- Jason Kerestes came up with the idea for his 4MM (4 Minute Mile) project
- The pack features two dual jet thrusters that face behind the runner to propel them forward
- It generates continuous thrust to help runners move faster while reducing their metabolic energy expenditures
- It was found to make runners faster, but because it was so heavy, any benefits were negated
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.