MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
On May 3rd, a deer was spotted on Long Island with its head stuck in the bulb from a lamp post.
- The NY Department of Environmental Conservation got calls reporting that the deer had got its head stuck and had been laying in the woods all night
- Environmental Conservation Officer Jeff Hull responded to the call
- He saw the deer 20 yards from the road and tried to remove the bulb, but it was wet with dew and slipped through his fingers
- The deer ran away, bumped into a tree, and fell down
- ECO Hull had to throw his jacket around the bulb to get a grip and hold on while the doe jumped and bucked to free itself
- She got loose and ran off into the woods, Hull was left with a few bumps and bruises
- Apparently, this is a common enough problem
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.