Kosher Jewish Beers and Whimsical Coney Island brews! Jeremy Cowen, founder and CEO of Shmaltz Brewing has a great deal of fun brewing, naming, and promoting his line of beers. The Jewish beer for the chosen few, He-Brew, started it all 13 years ago and today, with his line of Coney Island beers, including Mermaid Pilsner and Freaktoberfest, Cowen continues to have fun as well as win awards! He joins Ripley Radio to tell his offbeat approach to the beer business.
Joseph Felser will also be here to talk about his book: “The myth of the Great Ending – Why we’ve been longing for the end of days since the beginning of time.”
[image_border img=”http://www.ripleys.com/weird/files/2011/07/podcast2.png” caption=”” pos=”left” border=”true” buffer=”true” /]Listen to the Oddcast
Additional random amazements discussed this week
- Ralf tells us that more than half of the U.S. population lives within a half tank of gas from a Ripley attraction.
- Abby reports on a man who took his home town to court over the right to have a toilet flower planter in his front yard.
- Andrea Silverman promotes the first annual Bug Fest at her Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium in Hollywood, where guests get in free if they eat a certain type of bug.
- Chris Epting reviews his trip to Death Valley to see the rare pup fish.
- Edward talks about Robert Ripley’s extensive beer stein collection which includes the world’s largest – now on display at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Times Square in New York City.