MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
The restaurant Pappadavada in Kochi, India allows customers to put their leftover food in a refrigerator located outside for the hungry to take.
- The owner of the restaurant, Minu Pauline, calls the fridge “tree of goodness”
- The fridge is open 24-hours a day and stays unlocked
- People in need of a meal are encouraged to take from the fridge at any time
- Local businesses in the area are also contributing to the fridge
- The only requirement is that you write the date on the food’s container
- Pauline says she’d prefer people not just buy food to place in the fridge, but instead put in their leftovers they’d otherwise throw away
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.