Where is the worst place for a cow to show up after escaping from its farm? This week on Ripley Radio Oddcast, we discover the answer to that question. It’s a fun, feel-good animal story that gives an all-new meaning to the food chain, AND, it’s a perfect Ripley story because it is totally UNBELIEVABLE!
Ripley’s paranormal and UFO correspondent, Lee Speigel, joins us and proves that what goes on in Las Vegas never really stays there! On a recent trip during dinner, he missed a major UFO sighting over the city and didn’t hear about it for two weeks. When he did, he checked the videos he had shot that evening and discovered an amazing array of various orbs flying over his hotel. He shares that experience with us.
[image_border img=”http://www.ripleys.com/weird/files/2011/07/podcast2.png” caption=”” pos=”left” border=”true” buffer=”true” /]Listen to the Oddcast
[column width=”20%” padding=”15%”][image_border img=”http://www.ripleys.com/weird/files/2011/12/webTalk_partner.png” caption=”” pos=”left” border=”true” buffer=”true” /]
[/column] [column width=”20%” padding=”15%”][image_border img=”http://www.ripleys.com/weird/files/2012/02/stitcher_120x60.jpg” caption=”” pos=”left” border=”true” buffer=”true” /]
[/column] [column width=”20%” padding=”0″] [image_border img=”http://www.ripleys.com/weird/files/2012/02/cyberStation_120x60.jpg” caption=”” pos=”left” border=”true” buffer=”true” /][/column]
Other Weird, Bizarre and Unusually Outrageous Things Discussed this Week:
- Angela has a feel-good story about a couple whose wedding was paid for by donations raised from a Twitter campaign. All their deposits were lost three days prior to their planned nuptials when the wedding planner went bankrupt and it appeared they would have to call off the wedding. That’s when the tweets and retweets saved the day!
- The award winning TV journalist Scott Fais joins us around the oblong table again this week and tells us about a Florida castle made entirely from junk and trash. It’s now a Bed & Breakfast Inn, where guests dine in the Boat in the Moat restaurant.
- Jodi Pliszka, Ripley’s Solutionologist, reports on the weird, but very true malady in which a person can feel no pain whatsoever. It is both rare and dangerous.
- In an effort to stay as sensitive to cultural issues as possible, New York City has banned the use of words such as dinosaur, birthday and Halloween from its formal tests that all school kids must take. Intern Abby reports on this absurd attempt to save our youth.
- A pilot was forced to make an emergency landing when something strange and unusual took place in the cockpit. Tune in to find out exactly what it was. In the meantime, here’s a hint. Remember the movie Snakes on a Plane?
- Pity the poor child who thought his hamster had died. He buried it in his back yard and the next day his neighbor returned the very much alive, very dirty hamster to the owner. Weird but true story.
- The group Train provides us with this week’s musical egress as they sing their hit Drive By.
[image_border img=”http://www.ripleys.com/weird/files/2012/05/Solomons-Castle-A-Testament-to-the-American-Pioneer-Spirit-and-Creative-Genius2.jpg” caption=”” pos=”right” border=”true” buffer=”true” /]