Mini Believe It or Not –
In the original screenplay, Yoda was actually named Buffy.
- His name was then changed to “Minch Yoda” and later shortened to just “Yoda”
- The original idea was for Yoda to be played by a monkey in costume
- After the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey was filmed with it’s iconic opening scene with apes, it was learned that working with monkeys would take a lot of work, so Yoda became a puppet
MINI BION EXTRAS
- Chewbacca’s voice is a blend of bear, lion, walrus, and badger sounds
- Darth Vader’s breathing is the sound of a microphone inside a regulator of a scuba tank
- The opening credit crawl for the original movie was done with the letters placed on a black background, and the camera was physically moved slowly over them, taking nearly three hours to shoot
- The light saber sound is made by mixing the hum of a 35mm film projector with the passing of a broken microphone cable near the tubes of an old television set
- While filming, both Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor, couldn’t resist making the lightsaber “whoosh” sound during their battle scenes – which all had to be taken out in post-production
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.