MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
A trained bloodhound is the first animal whose evidence is legally admissible in some US courts.
- A typical bloodhound’s nose is lined with 230 million scent receptors – around 40 times more than the human nose
- The bloodhound offering evidence needs to be trained to detect what they’re searching for
- People have been thrown in jail based on the “testimony” of bloodhounds
- Trained dogs smelling the substance they’re trained to find has been the basis for search warrants
MINI BION EXTRAS
- A bloodhound can follow a 5-day-old scent for 50 miles
- Killing a bloodhound in medieval France was a crime punishable by a fine of 4,500 francs
- Two bloodhounds in Oneida, Kansas, successfully tracked a horse-and-buggy thief 135 miles
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.
Comment Your Reaction