A Man with 3 Eyes and 2 Noses & the Home of Winnie the Pooh
One of the strangest men to ever work the circus sideshows of the U.S. is Bill Durks, who was billed as the man with three eyes and two noses. This week on Ripley Radio, the official radio program of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, sideshow historian James Taylor talks about this most unusual man. Also, Chad Lewis recalls his favorite road trip of 2013 and how he unexpectedly discovered the home of Winnie the Pooh.
ALSO ON THIS EPISODE:
- Jodi Pliszka reveals the top three medical maladies she reported on in 2013, including one in which uses maggots for part of its cure
- Ralf gets shut down by an editor at the Denver Post when he calls to ask about the position of editor for their recreational marijuana website
- Celebrity TV reporter Scott Fais reports on an odd trip through a dark ride at a German theme park that would have parents in the U.S. loudly complaining
- Angela points out that there is a difference between a geek and a nerd
- Ralf reveals that a recent poll shows that people in Ohio cuss more than anyone else
- Ripley archivist Edward Meyer unveils the Top 10 items that he acquired during 2013.
For our musical egress this week, the Lovin’ Spoonful asks the question, Do You Believe in Magic?