A Party for the Sideshow King & Saving a Big Ketchup Bottle
The Museum of Morbid Anatomy in Brooklyn, N.Y., was the sight of a book launch party for Ward Hall – King of the Sideshow!, a biography written by Ripley’s Tim O’Brien. The party was thrown by Huffington Post’s executive editor, Buck Wolf, who joins us this week on Ripley Radio and tells us why he and his staff wanted to host this big sideshow party.
ALSO IN THIS EPISODE:
- A man known as the Big Tomato talks with Ralf about his efforts to save a 185-foot tall ketchup bottle
- Chad Lewis acquaints us with some funky roadside motels, including one in the shape of a huge dog
- Jodi Pliszka reports that leaving contact lenses in for too long can cause bacteria that will eat your cornea and cause blindness
- Ripley’s official illustrator, John Graziano gives us a glimpse of some of the cartoons that will appear in September newspapers across the world
- “Florida on a Tankful” TV reporter Scott Fais takes us to a small community where hundreds of freaks, geeks and carnies have called home for decades – Gibsonton, Florida.
Providing our musical egress this week is Magic! with the acoustic version of their hit, Rude.