Feeling bored? Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Escape the Ordinary is here to transport you to a world beyond imagination — where truth is always stranger than fiction! Fall in love with Ninja the parkour pooch, discover a disappearing waterfall, learn how whales hunt with bubbles, and meet some truly extraordinary people that are sure to blow your mind!
Marvel at the Miraculous
- Extreme athlete Stefanie Millinger performs aerial hoop and balance routines from stomach-churning heights — without any safety equipment — in picturesque locales.
- German artist Werner Härtl paints using a surprising medium: cow dung! Believe It or Not!, his monochromatic artworks resemble sepia photographs and are rich in detail.
- Rocky Stoutenburgh of Southgate, Michigan, was left paralyzed from the neck down after an accident, but today he plays video games professionally using only his mouth! RockyNoHands began streaming in 2016 and is now the first quadriplegic gamer to join a professional esports organization.
- Mimi Choi creates hyper-realistic illusion makeup, and her eye-twisting results appear straight out of Salvador Dalí’s playbook.
- Mark Verge of Oshawa, Ontario, constructs over-the-top balloon sculptures like life-size dinosaurs that require more than 1,800 balloons to assemble!
Leave the Ordinary Behind
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Escape the Ordinary transports readers of all ages to a world beyond imagination. Every turn of the page reveals all-new and all-true stories from around the globe! Filled with stunning photography and engaging content, including interviews and reader submissions, this book is every curious reader’s ticket to Escape the Ordinary.
Say “no” to normal as Escape the Ordinary’s 256 pages spark curiosity, challenge perception, celebrate differences, and curate a sense of wonder for the weird world around us!