MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
In 1999, for a concert in the UK welcoming in the new millennium, a group of highly trained ferrets were used to lay cable through small tunnels under the stage.
- Using tiny nylon harnesses, the cables were rigged up to the ferrets which were then encouraged down the tunnel entrance using meat
- Organizers found it impossible to use rods to push the cables
- The tiny tunnels twisted and turned around underground
MINI BION EXTRAS
- Ferrets have been domesticated since about 3000 BCE—500 years longer than the house cat.
- The U. S. Space Command in Colorado used a ferret to help rewire a new computerized command center.
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.