MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
The first use of the abbreviation OMG was found in a 1917 letter to Winston Churchill.
- The letter was written by Lord John “Jacky” Fisher
- He was an admiral and naval innovator in WWI
- He resigned in 1915 after a falling out with Churchill
- It’s thought that he had become acclimated to writing in code, and that’s why he used OMG
- The abbreviation is even followed by an explanation of what it means, sort of like he was texting his clueless dad
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.