A woman spent $500 on surgery for her pet goldfish.
- The Goldfish’s name is Conquer
- When his owner noticed him acting strange, she took him to the Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Services Center
- After an examination, the vets noticed he’d swallowed a pebble from his tank
- Conquer was anesthetized, and the pebble was removed
- Goldfish surgery is uncommon, but not unheard of
- Conquer was returned to his owner and is back in his tank, happy and healthy
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.