As a joke, a company created a New Mac Smell candle, but then it sold out in 24 hours. Apparently the Salesforce was strong with this one.
- Andrew Green is the co-founder of Twelve South, an Apple Accessory firm
- As a joke, he thought it would be funny to create a candle that smelled like a new Mac
- Each $24 candle was hand poured in Charleston, SC
- The candles had hints of mint, peach, basil, lavender, mandarin and sage
- The smell is said to be the same as when you first open the box of a new Mac computer
- All 100 of the candles the company created sold out in 24 hours
- Twelve South has started ramping up production to meet the consumer need
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.