MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
In 1911, Milton Reeves invented a car with eight wheels and called it the Overland Octo-Auto.
- Milton thought that more wheels would lead to a smoother ride
- The car was over 20-feet long, had two more axles and eight wheels
- Reeves didn’t get a single order for his car
- One year after the car had failed, Reeves invented the Sexto-auto, a car with 6 wheels
- Reeves is known for having invented the muffler. Which begs to know how he could get that so right, but cars so wrong
Comment Your Reaction