MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
In China’s Hebei province, you can stay at the Tianzi Hotel which is shaped like three Chinese deities.
- Tianzi loosely translates to Son of Heaven
- The Tianzi Hotel was built sometime between 2000 and 2001
- The three gods represent figures dating all the way back to the Ming Dynasty
- The guy in blue is Shou, and he’s associated with longevity
- The one is red is Fu, and he’s associated with fortune
- The guy in green is Lu, and he’s associated with prosperity
- The entire body of each is a hotel building, and the rooms go all the way up
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.