A Safe Experience For You
Upon entering Ripley’s Attraction, you will immediately notice changes—from the precisely placed social distancing markers in line to reduced contact. Our staff has also been extensively educated to provide you with a safe experience.
Each Ripley Attraction is unique, and ours maintain the following requirements:
- Mandatory mask or face covering enforcement for all team members and guests ages two and up unless the guest has a medical condition that inhibits their ability to wear a mask.
- Strongly encouraging cashless transactions.
- Reduced capacity to help control crowds.
- Limited contact with guests, from protective barriers to encouraging cashless payments.
- Following social distancing guidelines.
- Consistent sanitization schedule for all kiosks, interactives, restrooms, and surfaces.
- Sanitization stations throughout the Attraction.
Information on masks
Are masks required inside the Attraction?
- Yes, for the health and safety of our guests and staff we are requiring face coverings before entering our facilities.
Do children need to wear a mask?
- Children ages two and up are required to wear a mask.
What if I am unable to wear a mask for medical reasons?
- Guests that have a medical condition that inhibits their ability to wear a mask are not required to wear a mask.
We are doing our part; please do your part:
- If you or any member of your party is not feeling well, please plan to come at another time.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout your visit. Wash them after coughing or sneezing, before eating, after toilet use, and when hands are visibly dirty. At some Attractions, you may be asked to apply hand sanitizer before, during, and/or after your experience.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines carefully, maintaining 6 feet (2 meters) of space from others. Households can remain together. This will apply throughout the Attraction including in queue lines, at exhibits, in food and beverage facilities, in show venues and theaters, and in restrooms.
- To facilitate physical distancing guidelines, Attractions may reduce capacity or close some areas. Please be patient and understanding with these necessary operational changes.
- If you feel ill once you are at the Attraction, please let an employee know. You and your party may be asked to move to a special area within a facility for further assessment.
- We have enhanced our already-stringent protocols, considering COVID-19. We apologize if you experience any inconveniences as a result of these procedures.
We have taken these enhanced health and safety measures for you, our guests, and team members. We ask that you please follow all posted instructions while visiting Ripley’s Attractions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Ripley’s Attractions you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.