MINI BELIEVE IT OR NOT –
The crooked forest in Poland is a grove of roughly 400 pine trees all growing with the same strange bow in their trunks.
- The trees were planted around 1930
- Theories about why they grow the way they do are varied
- Some believe that the forest has a weird gravitational pull that made the trees bend, or that snow might have influenced the growth
- The most logical explanation is that the trees were deformed purposefully in order to create naturally curved wood for boats
MINI BION EXTRAS
- Trees in a forest above the desert in the Oman Mountains have found a way to get water by extracting it from clouds
- There’s a store in Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang where you can buy bottled forest air
- There’s a Sign Post Forest at Watson Lake, Yukon
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.