Shigeru Miyamoto created some of the most famous video games in history, but Nintendo won’t allow him to ride his bike to work.
- Shigeru Miyamoto joined Nintendo in 1977
- He is the man responsible for games like Zelda, Mario, and Donkey Kong
- He was originally hired to make cabinet art for old-school arcade games
- He considers Wii Fit his midlife crisis, a product of changing his diet, quitting smoking, and starting to exercise
- As he became more important to the company, they started forcing him to drive a car instead of riding his bike
- The company said he’s too important to risk getting injured on a bike
- On average, there are 3,287 car accident deaths a day, but I guess that doesn’t really factor into their thinking
“BIONs” – short for Believe It or Not – is the word we use at Ripley’s to refer to anything that is unbelievable and worthy to become part of Ripley’s lore and collection.